Tuesday, February 16, 2016

2016 Race Schedule



"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember  that what you have now was one among the things only hoped for." - Epicurus

My racing schedule is going to look a little bit different this year. I am doing more races near home and a lot less traveling. For the first time in four years I have no plans to go to the Para-triathlon National Championship.  I am going to pass on it this year.

After doing three national championships this year, I only have one national race on my schedule.  It will be nice to do some traveling for a change that has nothing to do with a race.  I will travel to Cozumel in September as part of Team USA for the ITU Aquathlon World Championship race and I will travel to Miami in November for the national championship for either long course triathlon or aqua bike.  If my legs hold up then I will do the long course race.

I really enjoyed my taste of bike racing the last two years and plan on adding more of those events to my schedule. I also purchased a mountain bike in the off season and will be doing an off road triathlon for the first time.  Doing new events keeps things interesting and keeps me motivated to work out.

2016 Competition Schedule
February 14                Winter Trail Assail, Nashotah (5 K ski, 5 K snowshoe)
February 21               Verona Triathlon, Sprint Triathlon
May 1                         J Hawk Early Bird Triathlon, Olympic Triathlon
May 8                         Time Trial bike race, 20 K Bong State Park, Kansasville
June 5                         Lake Mills Triathlon, Sprint
June 19                       High Cliff Aquabike, 1.2 mile swim, 56 K bike
June 25                       Xterra Off Road Triathlon, Sprint, Sheboygan
                                                                      
July 10                        Pewaukee Tri, Sprint –Wis Senior Games State Championship
July 31st                     Tri-ing for Children, Olympic Triathlon
August 21                  State Time Trail Championship, 40 K, Kansasville
September 6              Wisconsin Senior Games Cycling State Championships
September 10            Wisconsin Senior Games, Tosa Fest 5K running race
September 14            Aquathlon World Championship, Cozumel
September 17th            Devil’s Off-Road Challenge, Devils Lake
November 13            National Championship Long Course Triathlon or Aquabike,
                                                                        Miami

Tentative Races

My first race was already cancelled due to warm weather and lack of snow cover. 

So my first race will be an indoor event near Madison Wisconsin. It is a qualifying event for Age Group National Triathlon Championship in Omaha.   If it goes well I will add that race and who know what else might come up to tempt me.  

Last year had its disappointments. I saw the end of my competing at the elite para level when I was turned down for classification by the ITU for the second time. I cannot be assessed again unless the system changes or my condition progresses.  

There is still a lot for me in sports.  I never that I would be competing at a world championship.  That is nothing that was ever something I considered to be possible, yet I am on my way to Cozumel.

I am really looking forward to the 2016 season. I will continue to represent Team CMT, just a bit closer to home this year.


**********************

Chris Wodke
Founder & Manager Team CMT
www.run4cmt.com

Chris is a triathlete and long distance runner. She is a three time participant of the Boston Marathon.  In 2012 she finished 2nd at Boston in the Mobility Impaired Division. She was on the course in 2013 when the bombs exploded.

She has appeared three times at the Paratriathlon National Triathlon Sprint Championship. She was the 2012 and 2014 National Champion Paratriathlon Open Division Champion.

In 2014 she was the PC Open Champion at the Duathlon National Championship. She has qualified to represent Team USA at the Aquathon ITU World Championship in Chicago in 2015.  

 In 2014 she represented  the U.S. as a paratriathlete at the Pan-American Triathlon Championship in Dallas, Texas.

She travels around the country raising awareness of CMT.

She is the author of the book, “Running for My Life” that details her experience as a CMT affected athlete.

You may visit her author page at:
http://www.amazon.com/Christine-Wodke/e/B00IJ02HX6


Team CMT is a group of athletes and supporters working to raise awareness and to find a cure for CMT. We have 1756 members in 31 states. We also have members in Australia, England,Scotland, Canada, Vietnam, Turkey, Finland, Scotland, France and Iran. If you wish to join us visit our web site; www.run4cmt.com or www.hnf-cure.org


CMT or Charcot-Marie-Tooth is the most commonly inherited peripheral neuropathy. It affects over 155,000 Americans (as many as MS).  It is a disease of the nerves that control the muscles. It is slowly progressive, causing loss of normal function and or sensation in the lower legs/feet and arms/hands.

Symptoms include; muscle wasting in the lower legs and feet leading to foot drop, poor balance and gait problems Atrophy in the hands causes difficulty with manual dexterity.

Structural foot deformities such as high arches and hammer toes are common.

Poor tolerance for cool or cold temperatures and many people have chronically cold hands and feet.

Additional symptoms may include fatigue, sleep apnea, breathing difficulties and hearing loss.

Additional Link
Follow CMT affected Paratriathlete Timmy Dixon
http://cmtamputee.wordpress.com/

Keywords: Running, Running and CMT, triathlon, triathlon and CMT, athlete and CMT, cycling and CMT, paratriathlon, challenged athlete, Team CMT, Running for My Life-Winning for CMT. Hereditary Neuropathy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth.
CMT and running, CMT and triathlon, CMT and athlete, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and running, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and triathlon, Team USA and Team CMT, Running for my life-Winning for CMT, CMT athlete, athlete and CMT, triathlete and CMT, Boston Marathon Bombing

No comments:

Post a Comment